Sunday, January 30, 2011

Singing

Music is absolutely an amazing thing. It is one thing that I connect to most in my life, with any genre. Yes, music from LDS artists are typically the ones that touch me the most or hymns, but there are several country songs that touch me too. Remember, I walked down the aisle to the song posted below, and did so because it touched me greatly.

We started choir practice up again today for Ward Conference at the end of February, and I'm excited about the song we are singing. We are singing "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" and that is one song that I love. Today Sister Gordy said something that touched me so much. She mentioned that this song has a sweet spot as most songs do, and the part that touched her so much was when she's in a very hard spot, with whatever it is, that Jesus Christ is the only one that can reach her and does it when she is alone... privately. That touched me so much. I've always loved that song, but it touches me even more right now as I search for that place of peace.

I love to sing. I am not very good at it at all, but what joy I find in it. Music is one way that I know how to find answers, share my testimony, share my hearts greatest desires, and to just find a little bit of happiness in all the craziness.

No comments: