A friend of mine did a post like this today, and I feel that it is something that I should do too. Thanks Kati!
Count Your Blessings
When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
Count your blessings; Name them one by one.
Count your blessings; See what God hath done.
Count your blessings; Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings; See what God hath done
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings; ev'ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
Chorus
When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold.
Count your many blessings; money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven nor your home on high.
Chorus
So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.
Chorus
So I posted the whole song because it's a really great song with so many wonderful verses. I have been blessed with many wonderful things, and especially those things that I cannot buy. Below is just a list of some of the wonderful things in my life...
The Gospel of Jesus Christ.I have Christ in my life, and know of His teachings. I know of the truthfulness and fullness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is my Savior, my Elder Brother, and my Friend.
Family.My parents and brother are amazing. I love spending time with my mom, and just talking about everything in life... and I mean EVERYTHING! My dad is still my dad; one that I am able to curl up with in the chair whenever I want. My in-laws are pretty great too. I don't know my sibling in-laws very well, but I know they are wonderful people!
Husband.I had to put Brandon in his own group as he is certainly his own person. He loves me, and although we don't have the perfect marriage and are constantly having to learn how to be a better wife and husband, I know he is there for me. There are little things he'll do every once in awhile that just make my heart melt, and helps me to remember how much I do love him. As he has told me, there are three things I can be certain of... death, taxes, and he's not going anywhere. :)
My animals.These girls are my babies. The love me unconditionally, and show it often. As I type this, I have my kitten laying beside me with her head on my lap. No matter if I'm in bed or on the couch, I always have a kitten and puppy with me. They are excited to see me come, and sad to see me go. I love that I had the chance to see Lexie grow from birth through pictures and since I got her at 7 weeks old. I love that I got to take care of Squeaker from around 10 days old to now. They are so much of a salvation to me.
Material things.I have been so blessed to be able to have the things that I want without too much struggle. I have a wonderful job that allows me to have fun and pay bills. My husband is great with taking care of things too, and between the both of us, we are able to have electronics of any kind, a house, two vehicles, and so many things.
Friendships.I may not have a lot of friends, but I certainly have some true friends. I have people who care about me on so many different levels. I love that I even have a friend who I have never met, and yet, I feel close to her. It's amazing how certain friendships are supposed to be there, and will be there no matter what.
There's a reason for everything! No, I will not pretend to know why some things have happened the way they have in my life, but I will say that I wouldn't want it any other way. It's not always easy; actually, it's very rarely easy, but it always works out in the end and becomes amazing!! There are so many more blessings in my life I am sure of it, but those are the few things that come to my mind right now that are just things that are important to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment