So... my mind and my heart is turning once again. I just don't seem to know what I want anymore which is not cool. I keep trying to find some kind of answer or direction, and yet, it seems like I'm not getting too much else. It's frustrating!!
Okay... growing up, I always wanted to be a mother. I wanted to raise my children, and to teach them. Yea - I wanted to stay at home and be that perfect mom and wife. I wanted to have the perfect house, perfect food, and just everything together. Then, over the past year or two, I thought that a career life was for me. I wanted to be a mom still, but I wanted to take care of me too. I figured that I could handle the two full-time jobs, and make it through life.
Well, here recently I have really tried to figure out what I need to do. So much of me is starting to want to go back to the stay at home mom, and other parts of me are wanting the career life. I never seem to get any type of response from my husband, and it stinks! I need input! I need feedback!
2 comments:
I've wanted to be a mother my whole life. I can totally understand being pulled from both sides. I've always wanted to have a career...owning my own bake shop one day or being a special aid teacher. But I know that I want to be at home with my children when they are little. I respect and admire women who can do both. But I want to be there for all the percious moments. I know Chris and I will have a tighter bugdet, but it will be worth it.
I feel your pain. I have always had a hard time deciding. Either way, I think it's important to be able to provide for yourself, even if you are a stay at home mom. (Hence, the law degree).
But... I think it is a somewhat hard decision to make BEFORE you are put in the situation. Now that I'm in it, I KNOW I want to be home with Sam. I will probably always have something to do (like work from home 5 - 10 hours a week), but I know its important for me and for Sam that I am there with him.
Either way, when the time comes, you will know. It may not be easy to make a transition from career mom to stay at home mom or vice versa, but it's possible. And no decision is final. You can change your mind.
But in my mind - why let someone else raise your child? You are going to do a better job than anyone else.
Good luck figuring it out! It's a hard one :)
Post a Comment