Thursday, May 7, 2009

Past 5 Years... Next 5 Years

Several things have caused me to think about the past 5 years of my life, and then of course, I wonder where the next 5 years could take me. They are certainly not what I would have imagined to happen, and I'm sure they will continue to be that way. Here is just a brief overview of the things that come to mind.

2004:: This would have been my wedding year. May 22, 2004 was going to be the best day of my life; however, I called things off in November and decided to move to Utah after I graduated with my Associates degree from Angelina College. I started to attend Westminster College in August, and dated a guy who served the last 7 months of his mission in Lufkin. It didn't last for too long for different reasons.

2005:: I'm still at Westminster College, and loving it! I'm active in the Institute program and in my Ward. I become a Resident Advisor for Stock Hall - 3rd Floor. What an experience!!

2006:: I graduate from Westminster College, I get my own apartment. I'm dating a little bit, but nothing too major. I go through the Houston Temple!! I meet some of the BEST friends through the South City Institute. I'm a full-time employee at McCann Erickson, and love it! I get my dog, Lexie. I start dating a guy in Texas.

2007:: My life changes SO much! I move back to Texas, and my whole world is turned upside down. I lose friends, I gain friends. I work retail again. I end up single. I see Jared again for the 2nd time since I ended things, and am left with questions... once again. I become the Assistant Manager and then the Store Manager for Petsense.

2008:: I date some; I see Jared again. I decide to go back to school. I get to be a part of a dear friend's conversion and baptism! My life is in constant fast forward in all that I'm doing. My brother and I are roommates. My brother gets engaged. I spend a lot of this year learning about myself (as I probably do every year as someone always tends to point out something that needs to be fixed). I visit Utah during the summer!

2009:: School is my life! I'm working two jobs. I moved into a new apartment, and will soon be moving into an "apartment" attached to a family's home. I'm growing closer to my parents. My brother will be getting married on September 19, 2009! Friendships are different. I plan on going to Utah and California.

FUTURE

2010:: I'll still be very active with school. I will graduate with my 2nd Bachelor's degree. I will take a trip to Australia for school. I will start my graduate work.

2011:: I'll graduate with my Master's, and turn in mission papers to then hope to serve a mission.

2012:: Still serving a mission... I hope!!

2013:: I'll get home from my mission, and get back into the world. I hope to then get a teaching job at a college or university, and then begin my doctorate work. I will turn 30 this year.

2014:: My life will seem to be the same from here on out. I will be in school as a teacher and/or student.

It's interesting to me that I don't see anyone in my future, or that it's just really hard for me to see someone. I hope someone is there, but I'm willing to accept if they aren't. Not easy, but the Lord has a much better plan for my life then I do for me. It'll be interesting to see what direction it all goes!!

2 comments:

Clarisa said...

Cool! What a fun life! Got me thinking....have I even done much in the last 5 years? eek... And the future 5 years? I don't know if I can get ONE year in the future set in my mind....and for this you are my hero Ang! :D

Angela said...

You are too kind! I'm a planner, but I can promise you, very few of my plans really workout. Even as we speak, I'm thinking of things that are already, possibly, going to change some of those plans. haha