So, I've come to the conclusion that my parents rock! Seriously, they are the all time best!
They have taken such good care of me, and have helped me go after my dreams. I've never known them to hold me back or keep me from trying to do the things that I want with my life. No, we don't always agree on everything, and it hasn't always been the best of relationships; however, our relationship has gotten so much stronger just over the past couple of years. I'm not sure why or what really changed, but I am very greatful for it!!!
I truly appreciate all the big things that they do for me, but I appreciate the little things even more! Some things they do isn't any big deal to them, but to me, it makes such a big difference! They watch my dog so I can go out of town and do fun things. They wash my clothes or finish up the loads I started if I end up falling asleep or need to go do things. They feed me meals and snacks and whatever else I so desire when I'm over there. They understand how very independent and stubborn I am, and accept it. But they also know when to help out without me asking.
My life has changed so much in the past two years, and it hasn't been easy. My parents, although they haven't known everything, have been one of my greatest strengths! I think one of the coolest things that they've done recently is give me money so that I could pay my summer tuition. Yes, I'm keeping track and will pay them back. Yet, I know they don't expect it and think nothing of it. This is why I have such a great desire and push to do the best that I can!! I want to prove to them that what I am doing is really for the better and that I'm trying to be the best daughter for them. I often feel that I let them down, but I hope that there are at least a few moments that I make them smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment