There have obviously been a lot of moments in my life as life is made of moments, but one that comes to mind is the night that Brandon and I decided to get married.
The week or so prior had consistent of some interesting moments for us. We had taken a walk, and we both could tell that there was something we wanted to say or share but both were nervous to say anything. The evening of my friend, Sadie's wedding reception was the night that I finally got Brandon to tell me that he loved me. It was funny as I knew he wanted to share something after we got back from the awkward night, but he just wouldn't say it. I pushed enough to where he finally said "I love you, okay." I was shocked, but knew I loved him too. It was hard in some ways to let him in so much because I had never really loved someone that way in awhile, and I wasn't 100% sure if I was over the last guy I had loved that way.
The evening of August 16, well, the early morning of August 17 was when we decided we wanted to get married. Brandon could tell that something was on my mind, and had to pull it out of me as I did him. I told him that I could see us together for a really long time. He agreed, and then we both were like, "are we talking about marriage?" It was amazing. We talked all night about it, and how right it felt. We talked about families and timing of everything. I even got flowers at work a couple days later. We were both excited to know that we did find our other half that made us so happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment