Monday, October 25, 2010

Two Weeks of Greatness! :)

Last week started off poor with the Monday happenings, but Tuesday ended up being great.  I was told that I had enough credits to get my minor and graduate in December.  Thank you Heavenly Father for sending me to SFA in Spring 2004 to take business classes that I didn't like AT ALL!  Those four classes helped me get a minor in General Business.  It's humorous to me, but it works.  I am graduating in December with my second Bachelor of Science, and that's all that matters to me!  No, I will not be walking, so don't look for me.

Today is the next happy event... I am finally leaving Petsense.  Okay - that's not completely happy as I've made great friends, been there over three years, and love the babies that come in the store... puppies and kittens.  But it's happy because I am going to get to work for a great company that is growing, and really wants to move people up in the company.  Now, for some background information...

Spring of 2007 I was the Assistant Manager for The Buckle.  I loved my job, and all the clothes.  The fashions were things I lived for.  While helping one customer find a new shirt for her senior pictures, her mother informed me that she wanted 7 of me to work at Maurices as she was going to be opening up a store in Nacogdoches.  At that time, I didn't think anything of it because I loved where I was.  Fall 2007 I ended up in Nacogdoches at Petsense, and not too long later, I would go by Maurices to shop from time to time.  Every time I went by and any where I was spotted, I was asked if I was done with school and what was happening.  Three years have passed by, and I finally was like you know, I think I might be ready for a change.  But these thoughts didn't just start up.  I was a 14 year old girl when I first really knew Maurices back in Waycross, GA.  It was where I got my black formal dresses, and even my prom dress for my junior year of high school.  I loved the store, and told myself that I would work there when I grew up.  I thought when I was a senior or in college in GA; not a 27 year old in Nacogdoches, TX.

Labor Day weekend I approached Leslie to see if she was still looking for someone, and she was.  At first, she was looking for a First Assistant, but because of my experience, she felt the Associate Manager position would fit me best.  Almost two months, an interview with the District Manager, and lots of waiting, I was offered a position as the Associate Manager in the Nacogdoches store.  I will train there for 12 weeks solid, and then have a few months to interview with other districts.  From there, my hopes are to have my own store, and to just grow with Maurices.

It seems kind of different as I am a Child and Family Development major, but so much of that I think is just for my own personal life.  Heavenly Father knew what I needed, and when I needed it.  Everything happens when it needs to happen, and I am so very blessed right now!

As a friend said today... "watch out Brandon, you won't have anywhere for your clothes."  :)

5 comments:

Marsha McKneely Ault said...

Congrats Angela! You will do well.

Sadie said...

That's AWESOME Angela! So happy for you, can't wait to hear what's next!

Clarisa said...

Ang, that's so cool!! And I LOVE Maurices! :)

Anonymous said...

Angela, that is awesome! I am so happy for you :)

Kati said...

so exciting! I was going to be an assistant manager at one of them out here, then I got offered my job with the state, but I was so excited for all the clothes! They need to do a childrens line. :)