It's so annoying when you think you know what you are going to do with your life and what direction you want to take, and you are all set for everything, but then... life starts to take a totally different direction. Your wants begin to change; your passions aren't the same. Maybe it's because you have gotten bored, or maybe it's because that time period is over. Either way, you begin to wonder why you were heading that direction in the first place if you are soon going to just stop dead in your tracks and make a turn.
I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and where I wanted to go. But now, I'm starting to change. At this moment, I am waiting to hear back from a company that I interviewed with this week. If I am hired in the position I desire, then there is a great chance that my life will completely change - including location. This is a company I have wanted to work for since I was like 14 years old. I never thought the chance could actually be here.
This has nothing to do with the Bachelor degree I am completing right now or the Masters I am working on. However, it causes me to start thinking that maybe a Masters really isn't for me. This is where the passions are changing. The organization I want to stay affiliated with for the rest of my life is not the one I thought it would be just a year ago.
I am ready for a better sense of direction, and insight to know where I truly need to be. I have learned a lot through my current educational pursuits, and I have made some very lasting relationships. Maybe that's why I went back; maybe it was all part of the plan and way for me to get where I am currently today. I know had I not gone back to school, I would not have stayed in Nacogdoches for too much longer which means I would not have married Brandon.
Things do always work out for the best, but I'm just not the best person with surprises. :) Here is to hoping for direction and answers!!
1 comment:
That's awesome Angela! I hope you get the job! Life is so much happier when you are doing what you love! Keep me updated!
Post a Comment