It has certainly been awhile since I have updated, but if you know anything about me, you know I am usually crazy busy! Well... that has not changed at all. Life has been going, and I have been having to make many decisions... not all have been easy.
I was in Minnesota for a week at the beginning of November for NCFR. It was a pretty good conference, but I can tell that things for me are changing; my desires/dreams/passions are changing. It was fun to be there though as I got to eat at Hell's Kitchen and shop at the Mall of America. Both were pretty amazing! If you know me, over 500 stores is just a happy life! :)
I have been "sick" for over two weeks. It is now just sinus and congestion. Not happy as I keep coughing and having to blow my nose (gross, I know), but I don't feel bad anymore which is good. I keep hoping that I will be able to shake it soon as I cannot go to the doctor at the moment. Lack of insurance is never a good thing when one is sick. Oh well - it'll work out!
This week has been a great week for me. I started a new job! Yes, after three years and almost two months, I finally left Petsense. It has been such a relief to be gone! I miss my co-workers, but not the job! Sometimes you have to say enough is enough, and that's where I was. Plus, when an opportunity like I had came up, I couldn't pass it up. This is once again a situation that I know the Lord had a plan for me as I passed up this opportunity three years ago... well, pretty much the entire past three years.
I now work for this amazing company....
I have been there for a week, and love it! This is an amazing company that could very, very easily be my last job... no, career choice! My position is an Associate Manager. That means I go through a 12 week training, and then interview for my own location. Yes, 12 weeks ends at the end of January, and means that I will for sure be gone by the end of April, but very likely, a lot sooner! Oh how excited I am!! What an amazing opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a company who cares about their associates, customers, and community! They are "Simply the best small town specialty store".
With this new opportunity, I had to make one of the biggest decisions I've had to make in the past 8 months. The last big decision I had to make was marrying my husband, and I have to say, I think that was easier for me. After much thought, I have decided to not continue with my education after this semester. I will be graduating with my second Bachelor degree in a month, and then will be done. Graduate school is not going to happen, and that's hard. I had dreams and a plan, but they were not the direction for me. With the choice to not continue with school and moving soon, I had to do what is actually a lot harder for me... resign from my position as President for JCFR and Phi U (Beta Upsilon chapter). At the end of the semester, those will not be a part of my life as they have been.
So yes, many life changing events have been happening, and it has been hard! But I know it is for the best for me and my family. I hope I have support with these decisions as right now, I am feeling as if I have let people down, but what do you do. Not all decisions are going to please everyone.

5 comments:
so will you and brandon be selling your house? How exciting! Sometimes we have to have the journey, to know what the right decision is!
GOod luck to you and brandon!!
Girl! I am so proud of you! God has a plan that is greater than the plans we have. I am sooo glad that you have a realization of His plan for you! :) Love you!
@Autumn: We are planning on just renting our townhouse, but nothing is set just yet. Those are more decisions that will have to be made. :-/
@Kristin: His plan is certainly greater than the plans we have for ourselves!! I usually think I understand/know, but it's always changing. However, those changes are taking us closer to where we really need to be... closer to Him.
I. Love. Maurices. Are you training at the one in Nac? Like the store or the company in general? If you are training at the store, I'm so going to visit you :)
I never know where to write replys so I will just do it here! lol Yes I am definitely planning on being a stay at home mom. Jasons brother might have a baby soon and when they do I will watch their baby for them, which I am excited about that way Henry will be used to another child around a lot sooner than the jealous toddler stage.
Post a Comment