So in the past nine months, I have gained 3 sister-in-laws. One was back in September when my brother got married, and then two when I got married. I've always wanted a sister, and always hoped that whoever my brother married or I married would become a dear sister and friend to me.
Well, I'm not super close to my brother's wife, and I know a lot of it is the distance. Also, we are pretty different. Nothing wrong with it at all, and I love her dearly.
Brandon doesn't have blood sisters; however, he has two older brothers who are married to wonderful ladies. One is in Utah, and is pretty sigh at first. I believe I've only spoken to her maybe two times, and not much at those times. Kind of sad, but maybe over the years that will change. And then the other lives in Alabama. I have to say that she is becoming a sister to me, and a friend!
I was lucky to have lunch with her today, and spend some time with her and the family last night. I loved it! It was good to talk to someone who kind of understands. I feel it's going to be a great relationship, and I am sad that we don't live closer!!! But it's just nice to feel a part of the family more, and to be able to start to find some things that I've been wanting. Yay for fabulous sister-in-laws!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment