Thursday, June 24, 2010

Friendships

There are things in life that I realize I need a little more than I thought. Friendships are certainly one of those things.... TRUE friendships. As I've gotten older and married, I have noticed great changes in this area. Those who I once thought would be friends for life have pushed me away... even completely for some. Those who I expected to be good friends have let me down as they "preach" one thing and do something quite differently. And those who have actually been there are ones I never thought would last for so long.

However, I have to state that there are a couple friends that I've had for many years, and I know those friendships will last forever. But we don't live close to each other, and that's hard. One of my very best friends is moving closer to me, and I'm so excited! We are "twins" in every way, and it will be nice to have someone to spend time with. My husband is my best friend, and one I love to be with all the time, but I need a break just as he gets a break with his friends!! It's important so that we don't kill each other. :) hehe

But I've just thought about friendships a lot, and I've thought about the friends that I've had over the past few years. Many of those friends are guys, and although those friendships can't be as strong as they once were, I want them there. I love people, and I love being around people. I love my friends - old and new! It makes me sad when they let me go, or they let go of the relationship that once mattered so much.

No comments: