I've been in a funk all week, and I'm not really sure why. It's not something I like, but something I'm just dealing with and as said today in Relief Society, "it's just a little bump." Either way, this funk has caused me to do a lot of thinking with stress added to it all. I'm thinking a lot about my life and where I am. I'm thinking about being single, and well, I hate thinking about that! BUT, some of this thinking got some direction. My new friend, Beau, finally put something in terms that I needed to hear it. I've been trying to figure things out with Jared and what it all is... well, Beau couldn't have put it any better... "he's a jerk." It's all him, and none of me. Why would I ever even think about being in a relationship with someone like that, no matter what our relationship used to be in the past?! It's the present and future that matters. So although it's not easy, sometimes one just has to say... I'm done. *sigh*.... I'M DONE!!! (Now, I'm going to need people to help me hold to that. :-/)
Now, yes, I have a lot happening in my life and pretty good reason, I think, to be stressed. However, I was reminded today of something in Sacrament Meeting. They were talking about Temples, which is a place I love! I need to get back... ASAP! But the statement was about putting your priorities in order. Are my priorities in order? If not, what am I going to do to get them there. I am always growing, and always learning. I'm not perfect or anywhere close. But I know I want to be the best that I can be. I want to be worthy for my eternal companion (whomever, where ever he may be) that I will be able to be with forever -- be it on this earth or in the life after. More importantly, I want to be worthy to meet my Maker and Savior.
Well, I have been listening to a CD I got at TOFW, and I love this CD. It is Jenny Jordan Frogley's CD, and it's amazing! Very upbeat and just wonderful messages. There are many songs I can relate to in different things, but one that I think fits my life well right now is the one I want to share...
Slow Down
Jenny Jordan Frogley
The sun comes up, and you're looking at another day
No time for breakfast, grab a bite along the way
You're off and runnin'
So much to do, cause time's not standin' still
Another destination, another deal
It keeps you comin'
Maybe in a year or two there will be more time
For long walks and quiet talks, maybe see a sunrise
But as the scenery of life is flyin' by
You may just miss the ride
Slow down - Let your feet touch the ground
Slow down - There's so much to be found
It's alright - It'll all come around
Slow down
Tryin' to keep up cause that's just what we do
Cause more is always better and it looks so good on you
You're on your way now
Filling the minutes with everything life brings
Looking for something and missing everything
Tomorrow for now
It's not about giving up on dreams or desires
Or living with a passion that burns like fire
It's getting to the essence of what really lasts
And what you'll remember when your life is past
Slow down - Let your feet touch the ground
Slow down - There's so much to be found
It's alright - It'll all come around
Slow down
The angels are standing by to breathe truth to your soul
The true joy is in the ordinary, the simple, and the pure
It's alright - It'll all come around
Slow down
4 comments:
All that comes to mind is AMEN SISTA! I've been going through the same thing lately and it really isn't fun. Let's talk soon!
Love ya girl, everything will work out. Hang in there.
What a great friend he is proving to be...we think about you a lot and love you!
You two ladies are just amazing!! I miss you both like crazy!!!
I sure hope you don't mind, I just stumbled upon your blog. I'm glad you are writing, because that will help with all your thinking.
The #1 thing that I am proud of you for, is that you are thinking, evaluating, and wanting to learn and grow! That is the most valuable tool in this life. Nothing would make any difference if you weren't teachable. Learning HURTS most of the time, but you are willing to experience the hurt in order to have become a better person.
You are awesome!
Post a Comment