It has been awhile since I've written, so I figured I would take the next few minutes I have before heading back to the Church for the last session of General Conference to share a few thoughts.
This General Conference has been wonderful (not like they aren't always amazing), but the general theme this conference has very much been "be of good cheer." It is something I need to do more of, and I hope I can be of good cheer more in my life. And as I type this, I am thinking of the many stressors and struggles and hard times I have in my life currently or coming up. However, I'm going to change my attitude about how I approach it all. I have been truly blessed by the Lord, and I know that isn't going to stop. It never has stopped!!
I've been struggling a lot lately, and wanted to do nothing but hide. I was starting to turn to things that were not very good, and wondering if that was the direction I wanted to go. Oh how the Lord knows me and uses those around me to lift me back up and open my eyes. The following are just parts of some statements some friends had said to me that I needed more than anything.
"Angela I think you are really an awesome person and I am attracted to how you handle life; how you have a very caring and loving nature about you. The light of Christ shows through you in positive ways. You have many great great qualities and attributes that I love."
"Angela, every girl wants to feel needed and special. I think you are special to at the very least, me."
Another friend had told me how I had been an example to her and a great friend. I wish I still had that statement, but I went "delete" happy and happened to delete that message. :-( Either way, what an uplifting moment to have people say those things about you. It was something I needed to hear as I often don't feel that strength. I know that they aren't the only ones who have said some things to me here recently, but those were some statements that helped me turn myself back around again.
I'm going to go through this life with a smile on my face, and enjoy it. No, it's not going to be easy at all. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to take care of some things that I really need to take care of, but it'll work out! I have the faith and hope that it will. With Christ on my side, EVERYTHING is so very possible!!!
1 comment:
You are AMAZING and I love you!!
Post a Comment