Well, today is my 26th birthday, and it's crazy. It's been a pretty good day. I spent the morning in Jefferson with my mother and talking to a couple from Ireland. We were having our last breakfast at a Bed & Breakfast we had ran away to for a couple nights. Once we got back to Lufkin, I drove over to Nacogdoches to have lunch with Abby. Two and a half hours later, we decided it was probably time to leave. Oh, it was SO good to catch up with her and just talk. I love that girl! She is amazing, and happy!!
I then went back to Lufkin to spend some time with my family. After going to Hobby Lobby for some spray paint for my display board (class assignment) and blowing out my candle on my cupcake, I fell asleep on the couch for a few hours. I noticed that OU won their game, and even watched some of it. I took care of my laundry, and then came back to Nacogdoches. A day filled of very little, and it was great!
So the past 26 years has been filled with many things, and I felt like pointing out 26 things that come to mind:
1) I lived in Salt Lake City for 2 1/2 years.
2) I graduated from Angelina College with my Associates Degree.
3) I graduated from Westminster College with my Bachelor of Science degree in Business-Marketing.
4) I almost got married in 2004.
5) Marriage was a huge possibility in 2007.
6) I've kissed 26 guys.
7) I am back in school to get a second Bachelor degree.
8) I joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
9) My brother and I were roommates for a year, and didn't kill each other.
10) I found out that I have 20/25 vision, but need to wear glasses.
11) I got a Lhasa Apso in October 2006; she was born 7 September 2006.
12) I have worked 10 jobs, but several of them at the same time.
13) I learned to ski from one of my bestest friends, and loved it!
14) I have realized that the people I miss the most in my life are some of my oldest friends from high school.
15) I've never really dated much at all.
16) I started dancing when I was 4, and I loved it!
17) I love to lift weights and workout.
18) I have the hardest time to say no, but that is changing (in areas that it needs to change)!
19) I danced for three years in college, and made some of the best friends through it.
20) I took karate in middle school for just over a year.
21) I was introduced to sushi, and now it is one of my favorite meals!
22) I love the outdoors and hiking.
23) I moved back to Texas the summer before my Senior year of high school.
24) I lost my toe nail on my big toe on my left foot - a bed fell on it. It grew back, but it's not attached completely, so I get to deal with fixing that.
25) I have a hard time sleeping at night... or just sleeping when I'm by myself.
26) I have spent 26 years trying to figure out me and what I need to do to show the true me. I'm tired of being fake, and I think I'm starting to see me and understand me!!
4 comments:
Just a few things from one of your "adopted" mamas:
I don't see anything fake about you at all! I have watched you for several years. You push yourself alittle too much, but you are one of the most faithful young women that I know. You always are so willing to reach out and do whatever is asked of you. I think sometimes I miss that "crazy girl" that use to have so much fun. I know we all have to grow up--but I would like to see your eyes dancing and you having some genuine fun! You are precious to Heavenly Father. Hope you can read between the lines and know how choice you are! :)
Angela I am so sorry I didn't wish you happy birthday but I was out of town so sorry it's late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! LOVE YA!!
I definitely remember the messed up toe thing (after the accident) and the fact that it had help coming off, via paper clip. :P
HAPPY B_DAY! SHMANG!! We miss you! The pic you had on facebook with Sophy is one of my favorite memories of you yet!
-Much love,
Emily Troy and Sophy =)
Post a Comment