Yes, you read my title correct... scary night at Kroger's!! After the adult session of Stake Conference, I went to Kroger's to get some refreshments for tomorrow night after the CES Broadcast. Well, I decided to get a couple of other things that I needed, and wanted (I bought me some ice cream! YUM!). Nothing scary about that, right. It was a typical moment of me walking around the grocery store - avoiding some aisles and hitting up others.
I get in line behind two men who were checking out as they were almost done. They were getting some ice along with their purchase, and one of the gentlemen, Eric, asked if the cashier was going to get the ice for them. She said, no, you can get it or he (pointing at Issac, the bagger) can get it for you. Eric proceeded to comment on how she was trying to make it a "man's job" and not for women to go pick up things. I opened my mouth (not always a good thing), and made the comment on how there was nothing wrong with that. I backed myself up by saying that I do a lot of the typical men things, but that because of her duties, she is there to cash people out, like me. Eric and his friend brought up politics and informed me that I need to learn my politics. Thank you for pointing out to me what I already knew - I don't keep up with politics.
Well, this was not such a big deal. A little odd as they were still standing around when I was trying to check out, but I get in random conversations with people often. (You have to remember that I've worked in retail for several years, and meet new people on a daily basis.) Eric informed me that he was going to take my bags out for me. I was weirded out by this as it was two light bags including some cookies, toothbrushes (2/$5), cotton balls, deoderant, tampons, and ice cream. I think I can carry my stuff out, but I just let it go. Eric walked me to my car while his friend handled their stuff (they were parked like two cars down from me).
Eric began to ask me if I drank beer. I said no. He asked if I drank wine. I said no, I don't drink any alcoholic drinks. Eric asked why. I then proceeded to tell him that it was for religious and personal beliefs. He asked what I believed, and I informed him that I was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Eric said that was cool. All this while, I'm standing there trying to figure out how I'm going to get out of this situation. He then asks me if I like men. I agreed that I do. He informed me that he was a man (like I couldn't already tell). I told him that I know. And then proceeded to say that I needed to go do homework and all that fun college stuff (hoping he would realize that I was just way too young for him). Eric ended the conversations by saying so I guess the conversation is over. I agreed, and informed him again that I had homework and such to do.
I hoped in my car, and locked the doors. I have been hit on by random guys before, and I have been hit on by a few older gentlemen as well. However, it has never been so weird in my life! At that moment, I wished I had a guy with me. I knew the manager on duty as Kroger's that night, so if needed, I knew I could get help. It was very much a scary night at Kroger's!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness Angela! WOW Heavenly Father was watching out for you! I am so glad that you are safe! Love You TONZ!
No more grocery carrying guys!
Much love to ya! Glad you got away!
Scary! Emily =)
Angela! That's so scaryyy! I would have been so scared I would have like taken my things and run off.
/\/\/\/\/\
that comment was mine btw.
(Shayda)
Post a Comment