Monday, September 6, 2010

Interesting Article

Okay... so many times when I go to my parents, they have a newspaper article sitting on the coffee table for me to read.  Often times it's about someone who is LDS or something about the Church, or it's about someone I know.  Other times it's about education, finances, and things to better myself... including time management.

Well, today was one of those days that I went to visit with my parents, and I notice an article on the table.  Much of me wants to think it was about the 20 year old juror who was fined for posting on a Facebook status about a trial that was not even completed.  The fine was not only $250, but also an essay.  I thought that was pretty interesting; however, that wasn't the main article and when I brought it up with my dad, he didn't respond so much to it.

The main article is what I believe my parents pulled out for me, and I guess it's one to say hey - it's okay, but part of me is thinking that I just got more depressed.  HAHA!  This article was about being okay with having a small chest size.  It talked about company's that are trying to promote that it's okay to be small, and that you should be happy with who you are as it is perfect.  They are ranging from AAA- to A-cup sizes with some companies, and others go up to 38B.

I have always been small, and it has always bothered me as I am not small in the back.  I never felt like I really fit together, and so Victoria's Secret is one of my favorite stores.  Brandon even says I'm a Victoria's Secret snob.  Yes, maybe that is true, but come on... I quite enjoy what I find there - especially the Miraculus Pushup Bra.  Sorry, I just can't help it.  They are amazing, and why my wedding dress actually fit me.  :)

But what brought on this post was not so much the article, it was why it's been such a big deal to me.  Here are a few reasons: 1) Guys always look at girls with a chest and cleavage; 2) I tried to model when I was younger, and was told that I needed to lose weight -- my butt was just big and the chest was just small; and 3) entertainment on all levels!!

I love fashion!!  Oh - it is something that has driven me much in my life, but the music, movies, models, and so many other things do not help people who already have low self-esteem.  But yea, just thought it was interesting to read that article as it talked about loving who you are, even as a 34A.

1 comment:

Todd Hendrickson said...

Honey, I feel your pain! LOL.....I have learned to like me the way I am. Small chest/big butt and all!! LOL But, when I was younger it really bothered me. It's not all about how you look. Love ya!(p.s. I log on with Todd's account)