I've been doing a lot of thinking and trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Yes, I want to be a wife and mother over anything; however, now is not the time for that. Until that time comes, I have to be able to provide for myself and save up for the day that I can be a wife and mother.
Adoption Agency was the first thought. College/University Professor was the next thought. Now, I'm really trying to find what I'm passionate about and what fits me.
We've had a couple guest speakers from the Child's Advocacy programs in Texas come speak to us, and they've talked about something that has really struck me. I know that I wouldn't be able to work with the children/victims as I would take it home with me and want to go kill a few people. Also, I think it would bring up too many memories for me in my life. However, they talked about community education. Ah ha!
For a class in the Spring, we had to do a project that was focused on this specific theme. I created a company, logo, and my focus was "Strengthen Family Strengthen Marriage". Why didn't I think about this more? I could help educate those within the community about important issues that could help strengthen the relationships they cherish the most and strengthen themselves personally. No, I wouldn't be able to start out with my own company, but I could work with Extension offices or other groups.
I would be able to research things that are important to me, and help others become better. I could educate children and youth. I could educate parents and the elderly. Educate on what?! Health, relationships, education, etc. The list could go on and on.
What do you think?! Does this seem like something that would fit me?! I really want to know!!
3 comments:
I think this is a good idea! And I think you should go for it. Maybe we'll team up one day. I have always been borderline on teaching, helping, counseling, adults, children...I go back and forth all the time. This sounds great :)
Ya I could see you doing this; I could see you doing a lot of things. But you should do what makes you happy!
Dear Angela,
Just wanted to thank you for the example you have set and the time you have put in the YSA for the last few years. I have felt your sweet spirit many times. I know the Lord loves you and is aware of you. Thank you. Love you. Sis. A.
Post a Comment