This past weekend I hopped on a plane, and headed to Utah. It was a VERY short trip, but a fun one! I landed in Salt Lake City at 11pm on Friday, and I left Salt Lake City at 1:30pm on Sunday.
While I was in Utah, I got to spend time with my friend Camille which is always fun! She is absolutely amazing, and I love her dearly!! I stayed with her so we got to spend a good bit of time together.
Saturday I got to see my friend Nicole as we got together for lunch at Spagetti Factory at Trolley Square. It was really good to see her. It took us a little while to get to talking and comfortable, but it got there. haha I then waited on my friend Jess for a little bit, and just sat outside by a water fountain and enjoyed the Utah air. Oh - it was a nice day!
Jess and I haven't seen each other for 6 1/2 years. It had been WAY too long! I finally get to meet her husband and cute little boy! It was really good to catch up with her, and then just talk about all the people we know from Georgia and catch up on what they are doing. Life has certainly changed for everyone from where it was when we were all in Waycross.
I then got to see Sasha again, and meet her little boy. OMW - Jaxson is CUTE! He was so flirty (which of course he would be - both of his parents are pros!). It was really good talking with her again as we used to hang out all the time, and just talk. It wasn't too long of a visit, but it was just good to see her again!
It was then time for the Relief Society Broadcast, and I got to watch it at the Westminster Institute. It was so nice to be back in that chapel. I used to spend many hours in that building! Heather and I watched it together, and then headed to Leatherby's. Man - it was busy, but oh so yummy!! I really would love to have a Leatherby's here!! We had Leatherby's with Camille, Marie, and Marie and Ben with their little boy. I got to hold him, and it was fabulous! I LOVE BABIES!!
Sunday was nice, but so different. It was good to attend a Single's Ward again, and to enjoy the peace and quiet. The ward had an amazing spirit, and I was just so impressed by the testimonies that were borne. It wasn't stories or thankamonies. Oh how I love it when it's done correct -- according to the counsel of the leaders of the Church!
After Church, Camille was home taught quickly (oh - I wonder what that is like... to have Home Teachers), and then off to the airport we went. When I got there and through security, I realized that the flight that was boarding was heading to Houston. Hmm... should I see about getting on that flight instead of waiting two hours?! My dad thought I should, so I listened and heard that it was completely booked. However, I sat close to really listen into conversations. As they were about to close the gate since one guy didn't seem to be showing up even though he had checked in, I ran to the counter. Lucky me - I pay $50 and I could board. Well - I wanted to get home so heck yes I'm going to pay it! Off I went, and got to sit by a lovely couple. They are from Savannah, GA, and very friendly. We chatted throughout the flight, except for the hour I slept and the thirty minutes or whatever that I did some homework. It was a nice flight.
It was a fun quick trip! I realized some things while I was out there, and I'm glad those things finally hit.
2 comments:
You lived in Waycross? Rock on!
Josh from 107
I am SO happy we were able to go to lunch!
Post a Comment