Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today... What Turned Out To Be Pretty Good

I love Sundays, but sometimes I wonder how they are really going to turn out. Today, all in all was a really good day.

It was hard to get out of bed this morning, but once I was up, I was moving. Getting ready for Church, I have to say that I actually felt pretty. That was a first for me in awhile, so that certainly makes for a good day.

Church was another busy day for me as I gave a talk during Sacrament, taught the 12-13 year old Sunday School class, enjoyed Relief Society, a pretty long Ward Council meeting, and then I got a little break to actually eat some food and watch "The Errand of Angels" again. 5pm hit, and it was time to be home taught, work on some scheduling stuff, and then off to the Church to set up for the CES Broadcast to hear from our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. After the broadcast, I came home and talked to a few friends online while starting to look at some graduate school programs. Okay - I only looked at BYU, and then got distracted with my conversations. haha But they were good conversations!

My talk... I was given the topic of Christ. I could speak on anything I felt inspired that dealt with Christ. While I was trying to figure this out, I turned to the March 2008 Ensign which is all about Christ. BINGO! Now... what to say, what to really focus upon. Yea, I was confused, and it came together late last night. I just prayed that it would be okay, and touch at least one person. I know it helped me as the article/section I chose was "Becoming a Witness of Christ." Certainly something I needed as I'm trying to become more like Him every day. I have a long, long way to go, but I'm going. Many came up to me afterwards and through out our meetings saying that they enjoyed my talk or that I did a good job. Some said that I just have an ease of speaking. It felt good to hear those things because I knew that the Spirit spoke through me to others. That I was able to say what the Lord wanted said, and that others were able to hear and understand. I can promise that if it was just me, no one would have appreciated that talk at all.

And so you know, for those who were not there, the three ways that Elder D. Todd Christofferson states that we become a witness of Christ is 1) to receive a sure, personal testimony that He lives; 2) to live so as to reflect His teachings; and 3) to help others come unto Him. I think the greatest part of that is that He lives!! He is the Living Christ!! I look forward to the day that I can walk with Him and talk with Him personally. Until that day comes, whenever that day is, I will do all I can to get to know Him better and how to better serve Him. It's the least I could do for someone who set the way for me to be able to return home to my Father.

1 comment:

Marsha McKneely Ault said...

Angela--you did a great job on your talk! You are doing a good job with all your callings. The Lord loves you--because He gives you a lot of responsibility to carry upon your young shoulders. Robert told me to get with you about planning a YSA Family Home Evening or a cook out here at our home. If it warms up you all can play volleyball or softball or basketball--We even have a treehouse and swing for anyone who likes that kind of thing! Love, Sister A.