Friday, October 17, 2008

Stand A Little Taller

I was given a book of scriptures and quotes by Gordon B. Hinckley from Jared a few years back. How I have loved this book, and the daily messages it gives to me each day. It is nothing long or big, but from small and simple things, great things can be.

Reading the scripture and message for today, I happened to look to see what tomorrow holds. How excited I was to read and know that I'm doing just that tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a Temple Day for me and some other fellow YSA members. We are going to attend a session, and I'm excited. It's been a few months since I was able to do a session due to work, crazy schedules, and going to help out with baptisms. How much I love the temple!!!

Here is the message:

LIVE IN, NOT OF, THE WORLD

And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside the things of this world, and seek for the things of a better.
- Doctrine and Covenants 25:10

All of us live in the world. We cannot live a cloistered life. But we can live in the world without partaking of the unseemly ways of the world.

How grateful I am to know that there is a better way to life than living the way that most live in this world. I know that I am not perfect, and that I have a lot to still learn. But it's great to know that I'm at least striving to do right and become better. It makes me happy to know that I know His great plan - The Plan of Salvation (Happiness), and that my just striving every day to be better than the day before, I can make it. I can do everything that comes my way without too much worry or stress. It is a relief to know that!!

I am truly grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the blessings it has brought into my life. I am grateful for the friendships I have that are real and true; for those who care about me, and help me when I fall. This time on Earth truly is amazing!!

1 comment:

Troy & Emily said...

Thanks for your testimony! You are so strong and I love you!